Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I haven't been out too often since arriving in Florida but when I do I always manage to find some things. Junking can be quite good in Bradenton-Sarasota (I've always known that actually). Here are my finds from earlier today.

I'm still getting use to my new surroundings and this includes the location of new junking haunts. As I've done regularly in the past, I try and manage to lump in a stop or two whenever I'm out taking care of business or running errands. You never know what you might find, and the hunt is part of the fun. Today was a stop at a charitable thrift shop and a nice little consignment shop. The Roseville jardiniere came from the thrift store and the Blenko swirl paperweight came from the consignment shop.

Roseville Dogwood Jardiniere. Dates to around the late 1920's. Not without a minor "issue" or two but well worth the $5.00 purchase price.



Blenko swirl paperweight. Paid $12.99. We have many different Blenko paperweights in the collection but I'm not sure if we have this one or not since most all the Blenko is still boxed up.



No comments:

Post a Comment